I’M Football recognises the importance of your privacy and, as well as keeping the information safe, the I’m Football App fully respects your right to control how your personal data is used.
As well as linking supporters to each other, the I’M Football App links supporters directly to their Club. This happens only when supporters consent to share certain information with their Club and the Club provides special offers and services directly with those supporters.
I’M Football is a service provided by Football Album Limited, the data controller for these purposes, and other companies in the FAL Group.
The Data Controller Privacy Queries
280 Mare Street
1. What information we collect
On sign up you provide us with information necessary to create an account:
Your name, mobile phone number, address and date of birth (which we use to validate your eligibility for content) You can also provide your profile picture, profile name and club support preferences (User and Profile Information). This information is necessary for entering into our contract with you, and fulfilling our Services to you (as defined in our Terms and Conditions)
- We will collect information related to your visit to this App (such as which pages you visit,how often you visit and which competitions you enter)(Visit Information) and the information you supply when subscribing to any service, registering for any part of the Services or when entering our competitions (such as your name and e-mail address). This includes transactional information if you pay for products or services through I’M Football including from app stores and other third parties with whom you process payments or interact (Transaction Information).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Your Messages. We do retain your messages in the ordinary course of providing our Services to you. Once your messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, and shared location information) are delivered they are securely stored. Only you and your correspondents to whom they were addressed within the App have access to these messages unless and until you delete them.
- We will create a list of your contacts for you, and you can invite, join, or get added to such groups and lists associated with your account information. You may choose to give access to your connections and contacts so we may help you organise how you communicate with others.
We will collect information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties. This is statistical information and will not directly identify you.
2. How we will use your information
Contract. We use your User and Profile information to provide elements of the Services or other specific services to you which you have requested.
Legitimate interests. We may send you targeted advertising and marketing messages on behalf of third parties, either through segmented or personalised messaging within the App, or through your other contact details in accordance with your preferences.
We also use your information, including visit information, in aggregated form to help us improve our Service e.g. to help us design competitions that will most appeal to users of our Service. We may supply aggregated statistics about the use of our site to third parties, but these statistics will not directly identify you.
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services to football fans.
3. How this information is shared
Legal requirements. We may disclose personal information as part of a legal process, for example, in response to a court order. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our Terms, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
If you have consented to receive promotions, messages and offers of products and services from third parties, we will share your personal information with reputable third parties whose products or services we think will really interest you and those third parties will get in touch with you directly to tell you about their products or services.
Otherwise we shall not give third parties your data and they will not be able to contact you (except by targeted adverts we host via the platform).
4. Protecting children
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important. If we reasonably believe a user to be under 13 years of age and his or her parent or guardian has not directly consented to their use of the App, we will need to remove the details gathered from such user and all Submissions they have provided.
If you are under 18
If you are under 18 and register for restricted areas of our digital platforms, we will collect your date of birth and retain that with your name and other details you may provide. This is so we can ensure we treat you in an age appropriate way in line with this policy.
Those aged under 18 will not receive any advertising or marketing communications promoting products or services which are not age-appropriate, such as gambling services or alcohol.
If you are under 16
For so long as you are under 16 we will not send you any third party marketing communications (except for age-appropriate advertising in-app), allow you to access any of our digital platform message boards, or share your details with our commercial partners. If you have signed up to receive a product or service from us we may contact you about this, or to administer your account.
If you are aged 13-15, you must first tell your parent or legal guardian that you wish to register on I’M Football and get their consent. You must make sure that your parent or legal guardian knows and agrees each time before you:
- Email us, or ask us to email anything to you
- Send any information to us
- Enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize
- Purchase an official membership
- Offer or agree to buy anything online.
As part of the functionality of the site, we automatically register certain activity (for example, fans of a particular Club interacting or commenting when a goal is scored, or following a result, or when a fixture or transfer is announced). This may trigger an automatic effect, such as a message or notification, but only in accordance with your preferences (so for example, this information would not be shared with your Club or another third party unless you had consented to this, and they would only contact you concerning it if you had).
6. Managing your personal information
Retention. We store your data only for as long as it is necessary for one of the lawful reasons set out above. Certain User and Profile Information will cease to be necessary for us to use after you close your account, except for statistical purposes, or if you have consented to continue to receive messages (including for a limited period any messages we send to check if you really intended to leave, during which time we will keep all information active).
If you have not deleted messages to other users, or asked us to anonymise your profile details (including your profile image), these will remain visible to those other users to whom you have sent messages after you close your account.
You have the following rights that you may exercise at any time. However, please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- To require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- To require us not to send you marketing communications;
- To require us to erase, update or amend your personal dataif what we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- To require us to restrict our data processing activities; and
- To receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller.You can find out more about your rights, and register any concern about use of your information, at www.ico.org.ukThe ICO recommends you raise any concerns with us directly first. If so, or you have any query about the above, contact us at I’M Football here or by email to privacy@IMFootball.me or at 280 Mare Street, London E8 1HE