By using and accessing this application, you agree to these Terms. You must accept and abide by these Terms as presented to you: changes, additions, or deletions are not acceptable, and I may refuse access to the Service for noncompliance with any part of these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use this application.
On I’M Football we love good banter but you may only use the platform in a way that is decent, legal and respectful to others. We encourage you to report any usage that is deemed to be illegal or offensive. You can do this by contacting us here. Abusive or illegal use of the platform will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to remove users from the app if we believe these terms have been violated.
You may not post images or statements on I’M Football that;
- Are illegal
- Are obscene, threatening, intimidating, defamatory or hateful
- Are pornographic; incite violence; or contain nudity, or graphic or gratuitous violence
- Are racially or ethnically offensive
- Are sexist or homophobic
- Encourage illegal or otherwise inappropriate conduct
- Promote violence or hatred
- Infringe the privacy of users or others
- Infringe the intellectual property or legal rights of others.
Reporting message or content
If you see messages or content (eg images) that are offensive or illegal you can report them. To report them:
- Long press on the message in question
- Press Report
- You will be asked to verify the action
When you report an inappropriate comment your report is anonymous meaning your information is never shared with the person who made the comment. The I’M Football team will review the message and take appropriate action that can include message and user removal.
You can delete correspondence and messages from your chat and live screen by deleting the chat group. To do this, swipe the group name from right to left on the chat screen.
Reporting a user
If you think a user is acting inappropriately you can report them. To report them:
- Long press on the users sticker in the My Friends screen
- Press Report user
- You will be asked to verify the action.
When you report an inappropriate user your report is anonymous meaning your information is never shared with the person you are reporting. The I’M Football team will review the user and take appropriate action that can include user removal.
Removing a user from your friends list
If you wish to remove a user from your connections / friend list due to inappropriate behavior, or because you no longer want to be connected, you can do so. To remove a user:
- Long press on the users sticker in the My Friends screen
- Press Remove user
- You will be asked to verify the action.
When you remove a friend they will no longer appear in My Friends and are not available to chat to. They will not be able to re-connect to you – ie they are blocked. The user will not be notified, but you will be deleted from their My Friends screen.
1. Changes to these Terms and Additional Terms
1.1 Your ongoing use of the Service after these Terms have changed will be treated as your acceptance of the updated Terms, so you should check these Terms regularly.
1.2 In certain parts of the Service, additional usage terms may apply (“Additional Terms”) and these will be drawn to your attention when you register.
2. Our liability
2.1 The Service is provided on an “as is” basis so whilst we endeavor to ensure the accuracy of the information placed on the Service we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or correctness of such information or of any other content, description or material placed on or referred to in the Service. We do not warrant that the Service, its content or the server that makes it available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted. We will not be liable if for any reason the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Service, or the entire Service, to users who have registered with us. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which other wise be implied by statue, common law or the law of equity.
2.2 Subject to clause 2.3 below, we shall not be liable to you for:
- any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may be incurred by you. This shall include any loss of profit, any loss of goodwill or business reputation, or any loss of business data suffered by you;
- any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of: any changes that we make to the Service, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Service or any part of it;
- the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store any Submissions (as defined in clause 11) and other data, maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Service;
- the availability of or result through reliance on, any third party websites accessed through hyperlinks in the Service (including goods and services supplied or made available through such third party websites);
- your failure to provide us with accurate registration information; or
- your failure to keep your password or I’M Football Account (as defined in clause 6) details secure and confidential, or your inclusion of any personal information within a Submission.
- The limitations on our liability to you in paragraph 2.2.3 shall apply whether such losses were foreseeable or whether we have been advised of the possibility of such losses arising in advance.
- Nothing in the above clauses 2.1 or 2.2 will affect our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which may not be lawfully excluded or limited.
You should read any Additional Terms carefully as they will govern your use of the relevant parts of the Service if you proceed to use them. These may be updated in a similar manner as clause 2.1 above and the provisions of clause 2.2 shall also apply to those terms in the same way.
3. Your liability
3.1 You agree to indemnify us or otherwise take responsibility for any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, which we or any of our group companies or personnel may incur as a result of any breach of these Terms by you, or in connection with your use of the I’M Football or any Submission or other transmission of any message or information on the Service by you from your I’M Football.
4. Linking from the Service
4.1 The Service may provide hyperlinks to other applications or websites which are not owned by us, the content of which is not in our control. Accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility for the content, materials (including goods or services) or practices featured on such websites. Links to such websites are not to be taken as our endorsement of them or any content within them or as a warranty that such websites will be free of viruses or other such items of a destructive nature.
5. Linking to the Service .
5.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
5.2 You may not; create links which suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists; establish a link from any site that is not owned by you; establish a link from a site which does not comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms and in our House Rules or frame our site on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than as set out above, please address your request to via the help link.
6. Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences .
6.1 You must not misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Service, the server on which the Service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Service.
6.2 You must not attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this clause, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
6.3 We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Service will cease immediately.
6.4 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Service or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
7. Use of our Content
7.1 All content which features on the Service which is provided by us or on our behalf including but not limited to the text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, sounds, videos, designs, written and other material (together, “Content”) is protected by copyright, trade mark rights and/or other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to us (“I’M Football Content”).
7.2 You are permitted to download, print or copy any I’M Football Content from the Service, provided that you:
- do so only for your personal, non-commercial use;
- acknowledge us as the source of the material;
- do not modify copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded;
- do not use the I’M Football Content in any other manner.
8. Closing your I’M Football Account.
8.1 These Terms shall continue to apply to your use of the Service generally, however you may decide to close your I’M Football Account. You may do so by selecting Account>Delete My Account from the menu within the app, or contacting us here.
9. Terms held to be invalid or unenforceable.
9.1 If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law with jurisdiction to decide on this matter, then such provision shall be removed from these Terms without affecting the rest of these Terms, and the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
10. Waiver of our rights.
10.1 A failure by us in exercising our rights or remedies which arise under these Terms shall not be a waiver of that right or remedy, and no waiver by us shall be effective unless provided in writing and signed by us.
11. Governing Law
11.1 These Terms and your access to and use of the Service are subject to:
- if you are a resident of the United Kingdom ( England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland), the relevant law of your jurisdiction, and the courts of that jurisdiction will have exclusive jurisdiction;
- English law (if you are not resident in the United Kingdom) and the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction. Notwithstanding this clause 9, you agree that we shall be entitled to apply for injunctive remedies (or other types of temporary relief or legal remedy) in any jurisdiction.
12. Age requirements for use of the I’M Football
12.1 I”M Football is designed for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18 (“a Minor”), it is your responsibility to review these Terms with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand these Terms . Some content on the site might be labeled as adult content and restricted to users over the age of 18. Misrepresenting your age in order to gain access to these products may be a violation of applicable laws. By accessing these portions of the site, you attest that you:
- Are 18 years of age or older;
- Are not accessing this material to use against the site operator or any person whomsoever;
- Will not redistribute this material to anyone nor will you permit any minor or any other who might find such material personally offensive to use this material.
12.2 If we reasonably believe a I’M Football is created by, or being used by a user under 13 years of age, we reserve the rights to terminate such I’M Football Account without any warning and remove all Submissions made from it. Whilst we use our reasonable efforts to prevent Submissions by users who are younger than 13 years of age, we are not responsible for users who do not comply with these strict provisions of these Terms and/or lie about their age when registering a I’M Football Account.
13. Use of your Content
13.1 Certain areas of the I’M Football may allow you to supply Content to the Service (each a “Submission”) which can be accessed and viewed by both us and other users.
13.2 By making a Submission, you acknowledge and represent that
- you are the copyright owner of such Submission, or you have been granted the express permission of the copyright owner to make the Submission;
- you have or have been granted the rights necessary to grant us the licences detailed at clause 11.3 below; and
- that each person depicted in any Submission (if any) has provided you with express consent to use the Submission as envisaged in these Terms.
13.3 Notwithstanding any other provision within these Terms, by making a Submission you retain all ownership rights in the Submission, and grant:
to us, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable licence (with rights to sub-license) to reproduce, adapt, translate, reformat, display and/or distribute any such Submission (including, but not limited to, for promoting the Service and/or making the Submission available to other users of the Service) without acknowledging the source; to any user of the Service, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable, licence to access your Submission through the Service, and to use, reproduce, display such Submission to the extent as permitted by the Service functionality and these Terms.
13.4 You understand and acknowledge that no sum (including compensation) will be paid to you with respect to the use of your Submission and that we shall be under no obligation to use all or part of the Submission either on the Service or for any other reason.
If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these Terms, please do not submit or share your contribution on I’M Football.